[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - Commentary Suggestions

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:40 pm

Commentary Suggestions

Post suggestions, requests, information and we'll post all the news on our future COFs!

Moderator: tonsofun

Commentary Suggestions

Postby Stoo » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:25 pm

Audio Commentaries

picking up from last forum

stoo posted: Yeah, we briefly talked about it tonight on the Podcast on Fire 12. It's a very possible option, but yeah.

We seem to be mentioning Steffan Hammonds "Postman fights back" commentary, so yeah thinking this might be an ideal start. Or Ken's suggestion of making a "Even worse commentary".

It's pretty use for you guys that who would want to listen in, we'd record out audio comm to a certain DVD, the comm will be uneditted so it stays in time with the time. All you'd need to do is watch the same version with the TV on mute and downloaded comm playing from your comp/ipod/mp3 player etc.

So yeah, watch this space. See what we can do within the first half of this year

Suggestions would be awesome too

tonsofun: sounds fun

my_pants_are_on_fire: Reminds me of the good old days when we used to all be on MSN and press play at the same time on the same movie and then talk about it together. My god that was a long time ago! If I remember rightly it was when we was all still on dial up and people used to just dissapear from the convo when there connection timed out lol.

Knetan: hey,

and or a commentary with constant misinformation, a la Ric Meyers.

tonsofun I remember doing that with some friends on msn. sadly none of them come online anymore

pants mate it was me, its Gary! thought people new lol.

tons i thought it was. but i wan't certain. past experience shows me you shouldn't presume someone is someone incase they turn out to be someone else I remember those clearly. it was you, me, kappa and russ. good ol' days

on the subject of commentaries. maybe you could convince greenfan or third window to let you do a commentary. you never know

pants bloody hell Russ!!! forgot about him, remembered Kappa, I wonder what they are doing now?

tons i haven't spoken to either in years. russ pops up on jackals forum once a year. but never says what he is upto except working hard.

pants Like santa!

I'm a bit strange, I always come on the forums but hardly ever post, abit anti social I know. I'm supposidly at work at the moment.

tons i'm the same. most of the time i just have nothing of major interest to post
Stoo
Show Host

Postby Stoo » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:43 pm

So if this becomes a regular thing, what movies would you suggest to the POF team?
Stoo
Show Host

re

Postby mike maley » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:14 pm

I recommend we do comms to any Ric Meyers or Stefan Hammond comms already done.

eg In The Line of Duty 4

Mystery Of Chessboxing, Ninja In The Deadly Trap and maybe one for Seven Grandmasters.

Maybe some shaws stuff too.
"ding but ding, baat but baat, so chung sum hau nei but loy ngor but faat"
mike maley
Dean Shek Fan

Postby Stoo » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:28 pm

Stoo
Show Host

Postby Knetan » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:36 pm

Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Stoo » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:58 pm

Stoo
Show Host

Postby tonsofun » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:51 pm

tonsofun
PoF Vetern

Postby Stoo » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:51 pm

Stoo
Show Host

Re: Audio Commentaries

Postby Stoo » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:19 pm

okay I want you guys, the pofstars/knefans, please list all the asian cinema movies you'd love to hear our (Me/Ken/Banner/maybe more) opinions on. Obviously this doesnt guarantee that they will be done or when etc.

but i want a list!
Stoo
Show Host

Postby Drunken Master » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:50 pm

I agree with Tonsofun. "Eastern Condors" would be a nice one to start with. After that there are classics like "Drunken Master" or "Prodigal Son" that may be fun to get opinions on. Then, especially for Stoo you could do "Young And Dangerous", if Mike can get through it without swearing too much. :twisted:

And lets not forget there are loads of films like "Exiled" or the "Election" films (Sorry for being a Johnny To fan.) that would definitely be something different to do a commentary on.
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Stoo » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:01 pm

good suggestions mate :)
Stoo
Show Host

Postby Knetan » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:29 am

hey,

not DEVIL OF RAPE then? :(

It'll be me going "Man is this fucked up and drink every time Charlie Cho fucks somebody!"
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Drunken Master » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:08 am

I've not had the pleasure of that one............. yet.

You could do "Dr Lamb" or "Untold Story" perhaps? That will give me an excuse to get around to buyin a copy. :P
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby greenfanmike2 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:43 pm

I think Eastern Condors would be a good choice for a first stab at audio commentating. I reckon it'd be a laugh. :lol:
greenfanmike2
Co-Host

Postby Stoo » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:41 am

oh yeah, ive sorted out Ken with a copy of HKL's condors, mike you got hkl condors i presume?

oh yeah id love a Young & Dangerous audio comm, dont expect me to go all fan boy, id take it as serious as if we were comm'ing any other movie. :)
Stoo
Show Host

Next

Return to Commentary On Fire