[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - Vapire Season Anticipation Thread

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:22 pm

Vapire Season Anticipation Thread

Discuss anything POF related and post your Questions to us!

Moderator: tonsofun

Vapire Season Anticipation Thread

Postby Knetan » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:28 am

Halloween marks the beginning of a chapter in POF history that was bound to happen. Me and Stoo (and special guest/s) will run through the Mr. Vampire series and the most memorable off-shoots, spin off's, imitations.

Use this thread to speak of your thoughts and experiences with Lam Ching-ying, the hopping vampires, the genre in general.

See ya on Halloween!
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Re: Vapire Season Anticipation Thread

Postby Drunken Master » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:24 pm

Good call! I normally dig out my favourite horror films around this time of year and I always manage to forget those classic Vampire films. This year I plan to cram them all in, plus any other HK and Asian delights I can lay my hands on. It's the Halloween series that traditionally takes centre stage at my home but this year Lam Ching Ying will be in the spotlight....... In fact, Mr Vampire is tonight's choice of late film for me. :D
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby charlie parker » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:07 am

I've got some spooky HK films I'm saving for that weekend like The Island and Red and Black :)
motorhead!!
charlie parker
Ken Fan!

Postby Drunken Master » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:15 am

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Knetan » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:35 am

Fucking right on with those choices. I love Red And Black (from the director of Fatal Termination) The Island is a pretty good Deliverance type Hong Kong flick. No funny present, despite John Shum. By underrated director Leung Po-chi (Hong Kong 1941).
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Knetan » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:17 am

If you're all nice and get me even more into the Hong Kong Halloween spirit via this thread, I'll consider putting up the premiere of 'Vampire Season' on Friday... :)
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Drunken Master » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:25 am

I've been doing my bit. Already watched Mr Vampire 1 to 3. Will most likely fit in Saga 4 before Friday. :D

Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Knetan » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:56 am

Thought about The Frighteners connection to 3? :)
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Knetan » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:48 pm

So now that you've hopefully gone through part 1 and 2, what do you think of our 'Vampire Season' so far? :)
Knetan
Co-Host

Return to Podcast on Fire Discussion