[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - Podcast On Fire 68: True Legend Special

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:03 pm

Podcast On Fire 68: True Legend Special

Discuss anything POF related and post your Questions to us!

Moderator: tonsofun

Podcast On Fire 68: True Legend Special

Postby Knetan » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:42 am

hey,

A huuuuuge preview of Yuen Woo-ping's True Legend starring Stoo, Ken and Mike (Leeder). Enjoy and discuss! :)

Deleted Conversations (23 minutes) -
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Re: Podcast On Fire 68: True Legend Special

Postby tonsofun » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:20 pm

twas brilliant :D
All castles had one major weakness. The enemy used to get in through the giftshop
tonsofun
PoF Vetern

Postby Knetan » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:39 pm

hey,

thanks, James. Glad you enjoyed it. Very happy get Leeder on eventually. We have a Mike in the trio again. ;)
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Lantern Jaw » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:38 pm

I think it's safe to say that I am looking forward to this movie imensely. Thanks for raising my awareness guys. ...Vincent thingy, I always knew him as Chu Man Chuk, so I have to admit that until about two thirds of the way through I didn't know who the hell you were talking about! I am probably partly to blame for that having not watched him in anything for at least a decade. :?
"What a technique, I must try it on your sister."
Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

Postby tonsofun » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:04 pm

was good to get mike on finally. hope to hear him again on future podcasts
All castles had one major weakness. The enemy used to get in through the giftshop
tonsofun
PoF Vetern

Postby charlie parker » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:38 am

first review of true legend I've seen:

http://twitchfilm.net/reviews/2010/02/t ... review.php
motorhead!!
charlie parker
Ken Fan!

Postby Knetan » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:09 am

hey,

thanks for the link!

skimmed through it, sort of a medium praise going through it at best but as with trailers and reviews, certain movies only start to affect me once I start watching it (and hopefully finishes it ;))
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Drunken Master » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:06 pm

I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Tom K.W. » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:29 pm

Semi-interested, Yuen Woo-Ping on board certainly sparks my interest, I've only seen our leading man in The Black Sheep Affair and thought it had some terrific action but it was surrounded by utter shite. Fingers crossed it makes as much impact as Ip Man.
Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Postby charlie parker » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:54 pm

Everyone should see 'The Blade', it's one of those great arse end new wave kung fu flicks that's as dark as fuck. 'Burning Paradise' is another cracker. Bloody Wong Fei Hung to boot :shock:
motorhead!!
charlie parker
Ken Fan!

Postby Drunken Master » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:57 am

I've been catching up with a few podcasts and the one from East Screen/West Screen gave you a nice plug for this show at the beginning of their episode #20.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Stoo » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:38 am

Stoo
Show Host

Postby Drunken Master » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:51 pm

It's quite a good show. I've listened to a dozen or so of their casts. They are very friendly with the guys at Love HK Film. They look at films from both Hong Kong/Asia and the West, hence the title. They were impressed with the amount of research done for the True Legend special and the fact that you had someone on the podcast who had worked on the film. (Big Mike.)

Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Knetan » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:18 pm

hey,

was very lovely of them to speak of us so highly. I actually have plugged them too in a show not yet aired. I assumed it was called Kong Cast based on the url alone so that's an error on my behalf possibly BUT the right link will be posted obviously. :)
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Stoo » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:15 pm

Good work Ken :)
Stoo
Show Host

Next

Return to Podcast on Fire Discussion