[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - Upcoming Podcast On Fire Specials

It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 4:56 pm

Upcoming Podcast On Fire Specials

Discuss anything POF related and post your Questions to us!

Moderator: tonsofun

Re: Upcoming Podcast On Fire Specials

Postby Knetan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:18 pm

hey,

slipstreamer, it IS a good suggestion though but i don't see myself logging time with research and organizing a WKW special.
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Drunken Master » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:09 pm

It's the old saying, "Horses for courses", I guess. No one is gonna want to spend time researching anything that doesn't really appeal. If your heart is not in it how can you give it your time? Personally I can take or leave Wong Kar Wai and I've seen most of his films. His influences are European art films and he wears his pretentiousness well. I do quite like "Chunking Express" but at the same time can instantly see why others wouldn't. I've got a copy of "In The Mood For Love" that came as a freebie with a Sunday paper a few years ago that I still haven't got around to watching. Maybe if Stoo places it as the HK film of the decade I may whip it on.
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Knetan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:46 pm

hey,

very true. Well said.
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Knetan » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:07 am

hey,

updated first post with notes on a Bruceploitation special.
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Drunken Master » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:06 pm

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Knetan » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:31 pm

hey,

recently got Kung Fu Fever with Dragon Lee and Ron Van Cleef. Of course uses footage from Bruce Lee's funeral but damn it... exploitation fascinated me despite.
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Lantern Jaw » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:55 pm

If it includes say a top 5 Bruceploitation flicks bit then that would be a great help to ignoramuses like moi!
"What a technique, I must try it on your sister."
Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

Postby Knetan » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:02 pm

hey,

that's a good idea. consider it done and done.
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Drunken Master » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:11 am

Could we also get opinions on best Bruce Lee impersonator (Aside from Sammo who was brilliant in "Enter The Fat Dragon") and obviously the worse? I've been watching Bruceploitation off and on for a long time. I even remember seing some of the early quick cash ins that were supposedly based on Bruce's life in the cinema.

Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Knetan » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:56 am

hey,

good topic. that's why I aim to get some guests on that are even MORE seasoned veterans of flicks with Le, Lai, Dragon, Thai etc. ;)
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Knetan » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:30 pm

hey,

as I've had in mind both Golden Harvest and Cinema City specials, I think we'll incorporate Dean Shek in the latter.
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Drunken Master » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:45 am

Golden Harvest would be a huge one to cover. Easily as big as The Shaw Brothers. Do I see another multi parter?

And roll on the Shekathon. :lol:

As you can see from the recently watched thread, the Bruceploitation thing made me dig out some stuff I still haven't watched yet.

Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Knetan » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:10 am

hey,

hehe, right on. Saw Kung Fu fever this week and can easily say, Dragon Lee (or Bruce Rhee) is the worst Bruce Lee-impersonator out there.
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Tom K.W. » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:44 am

Golden Harvest would be a special worth waiting for :D

And talking of Bruceploitation, has anyone seen the kinda Bruceploitation (it's a US comedy) The Call Me Bruce? and They Still Call Me Bruce ? (The first question mark is actually in the title :wink:)

Both hilarious in an after-five-pints-of-lager kinda way.
Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Postby Drunken Master » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:14 pm

I saw both of them when they came out on VHS in the early eighties. Definitely not viewing for a sober mind. I don't think either have ever made it to DVD.

Drunken Master
PoF Star

PreviousNext

Return to Podcast on Fire Discussion